A Christmas edition of a getting to know your friends meme. 🙂
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper with ribbons except where the gift makes it impossible.
2. Real tree or artificial? Can be either depending on the year. Real the years we’re at home, fake for the years we’re traveling.
3. When do you put up the tree? Early to mid – December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Twelvth Night.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but only the commercial kind, over ice and without booze.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Spirograph when I was 9. I’ve never wanted anything so much before or since. It was the most perfect gift ever.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Paul, not because he’s difficult but because I want the gift to be just right and that rarely happens.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My father. He loves getting presents and is thrilled by everything he gets.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes — a creche which passed to me when my grandparents died. I love it in all its chipped and glued-back-together glory.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail — about once every 5 years or so.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? You know, I’m so spoiled that I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a bad present. Or maybe I just love presents!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Ooo… so many. In order: “The Thin Man,” “Love Actually,” “Nightmare Before Christmas,” “A Christmas Story.”
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The week before Christmas, finishing on Christmas Eve because I love shopping on Christmas Eve (seriously). I can’t shop early because as soon as I have a present for someone I have to give it to them. The idea of shopping a month or more ahead of time sounds like torture.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? See’s chocolate a few times.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Tamales and homemade Christmas cookies.
16. Lights on the tree; colored or white? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? “The Christmas Song,” “Baby It’s Cold Outside” “There’s No Place Like Home for the Holidays” and “River” But I like almost all Christmas songs / carols. Except “The Little Drummer Boy” — that one makes me want kill myself.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I don’t care, so long as we get to be with lots of family and friends.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Yes, though I need to sing the song in my head to do it.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Depends on the year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve, after Midnight Mass.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red is a favorite color, but my favorite ornaments are the ones Paul’s bought for me over the years.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Roast Beef and Yorkshire puddings with chocolate yule cake for dessert.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My mom’s total recovery from her surgery on December 8th.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Sentimental sorts like me.