I made oatmeal cookies last night and some friends on Twitter asked for the recipe. Here it is. This makes a sort of crunchy oatmeal cookie — for chewier, use all brown sugar.
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of chopped roasted walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Roast walnuts until fragrant.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together butters and sugar on low; increase speed until creamed and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and cinnamon. Scrape bowl as needed
- On low speed, add dry ingredients until mixed. Then add oats. Finally, mix in walnuts and raisins.
- Drop on pan by tablespoon in batches of six cookies.
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes, turning sheet halfway through baking.
- Cool for 5 minutes on sheet and then remove to cooling rack